Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Want the Process Model which is running in Prod ???


You want to edit the process Model which is live in Prod. (want to add a step) but sadly you are not having the backup of the process model which is in prod. So, how can we survive for the scenario?

In the database(which is the wmPRT is pointing) we have a table - WMPROCESSDEFINITION. This table has a column named 'ProcessFile' and its stores the Process model in blob format. This blob object can be saved (using some SQL Developer or TOAD tools) and renamed to .process. This can be imported in Designer.

In my case I used SQL Developer, right clicked on the cell( row is: ProcessModelId and the column is : ProcessFile ) and saved as file into file system. In the file system i renamed it with the extension .process. And imported this file into the designer. The process which is in Production till now is available in my local also. :)

1 comment:

  1. It worked for me as well, here I dont have production database access so I took the prod process model build deployed in my local and from my local db I extracted the .process files :)

    ReplyDelete